Friday 2 March 2012

Communication...

To have a better appreciation and understanding of where you're going, you ought to understand the process of things. Understanding how something works can help you to know where you're mostly likely to have problems and as such, you can put things in place to avoid them from occurring. Communication at all times ought to be effective, meaning.... what is sent should always be accurately understood by the receiver.

In communicating with people, I often find myself answering inaccurately to a question that I'd been asked. I must admit at those times, most often than not, I really did not hear the question, but to be polite, I try answering based on what I thought was asked. The above diagram perfectly describes this.

However, I believe that the process of communication has become a little clearer to me and as such, when communicating with anyone, I try to limit any sounds that may hinder the process. Listed below are the various parts that are found in the communication process. If you ask me where along the process, that misunderstanding most often occurs, I'd say at the feedback stage. What do you think?

Good communication involves consists of several parts. These are:
  1. Sender - the person giving the message.
  2. Receiver - the person who is getting the message.
  3. The message - the information being sent which can be written or spoken.
  4. The channel - the method in which the message is given, e.g fax, telephone or conversation etc.
  5. Feedback - used by the receiver and sender to show they have understood the message.
  6. Interference - the barriers or things that can stop the message being understood, e.g noise, the way the message is decoded .

No comments:

Post a Comment